Friday, September 2, 2011

My journey

For the past year, my suitcase and honda civic have been what I call home.  Since June of 2010, I have lived or visited the following places for my work:  Central City, CO, Louisville, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Naples, FL, and San Diego, Santa Barbara, CA, San Marcos, TX, and Springfield, MO.  So many of my family and friends think my career path is crazy.  They all make jokes about how I'll call them on a random Tuesday and say, "Hey, driving through St. Louis... wanna grab dinner?"  Then just as quick as I came, it's time to leave.

Why did God give me this passion to pursue classical music?  Opera of all things!!!  If you told me this would by my career when I grew up I'd have said, "You're a wackadoo!"   Often I think, If God gave me a different gift about which to be passionate, I'd run towards it as fast as this gangly body would take me.  However, a different passion is not my situation.  My dream is to make music at the highest level with the greatest musicians across the world.

My next challenge may be the most difficult of anything I've encountered yet, moving to NYC.  On September the 10th, 2011, my home for at least a year, will be New York, NY.  A place where dreams are made or broken.  The number of obstacles I'll face will always be uncertain.  However, I know one thing that is for certain: I will charge them head on, with courage, commitment, and passion.

Wish me luck!

"Am I afraid of high notes?  Sure I am, What sane man isn't?"  - Luciano Pavarotti

No comments:

Post a Comment